Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Crunchy himachal apples...

...have been flooding the markets and inspiring me to shoot some and to
...sink my teeth into some.

I have tried some interesting apple recipes like Apple Cobbler, Apple Cinnamon No-Fuss Cake, but strangely the husband and the daughter have some reservations about cooked apple.

So today I tried a very Indian recipe~ Apple Kheer
from our very own Sanjeev Kapoor's Khana Khaz

The video is in Marathi, love that language:-) but they have English subtitles.
Now let me see how this fares here at home:-)

( I used Chironji instead of Almonds)

5 comments:

~mE said...

i love apple kheer :)

Anupama Puneeth said...

can I have some too ? :)
Never tasted apple kheer :(

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

Sharanya~ :-)

Anupama~ Sure:-)

दीपशिखा वर्मा / DEEPSHIKHA VERMA said...

the way you use light and colors ..it is marvelous! so apt - RANG !

PreeOccupied said...

Apple kheer sounds exotic. These days I am eating an apple every day. Maybe making kheer with it won't hurt either.